Secma Qpod Club

Qpod Club - be part of the fun!

Hello and welcome to Qpod Club sponsored by Cunninghams Auto.

My name is Alec, I've been working with Cunninghams Auto on Qpod promotions for almost 3 years and created this Qpod Club.

I hope you enjoy your stay here as community members and will help us to attract even more people to join the club. We are planning community events in the future, so don't forget to check the main page for updates.

Please introduce yourself below and start making Qpod buddies!

Views: 5030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jaquelyn said:
Hi Poddies,
My name is Jaquelyn, I'm old and I live in Lincs.
I own (or am owned by) Podgy who is a 50cc fun thing. She's baby blue and covered in big pink flowers. She's an opinionated little lady who has a lot to say for herself.
Just the other day she was on her trailer behind Dolly the Disco going up a big hill in Gloucestershire,
"Phwoar Dolly!" she said "You ain't half got a big bum, and I've got to push you, you fat lump!" She's not very polite I'm afraid. Her favourite thing is Podgeberry Juice, but it has to be blackcurrant.
She sleeps in her bike barn in the garden and I can often hear her singing herself to sleep. Bless her. She's no trouble really, bit smelly sometimes but that's just pod-farts.
Please don't ever accuse me of being sensible. Growing old is mandatory, growing up isn't.
Love
Jaquelyn
x
Hi, just joined as am looking to get a used QT500 for commuting to work and back.
If anyone lives down Kent way and wouldn't mind, I would love to see an example of one / take it for a quick spin just to be sure it's what I want.

I see a QT500 didn't sell on Ebay recently, but not sure how often them come up for sale. Anyone know of one for sale anywhere?
Hi Tony, that's very kind, thanks for the offer. I'm on holiday next week, but i'll be in touch thereafter if that's ok?
Hi all,

My name is Ian, a nutter from oop North. I was introduced to podding whilst on holiday in Cornwall several years ago, where I hired a pod for a few days. I have recently bought a Funtech 50 which the long haired one has decided to "cosmetically modify" so now I have a red pod with very large white daisies all over her (dead macho, I know). First thing I have ever owned that turns more heads that the excorsist. We love to go to bike rallies and park next to the biggest, fanciest choppers just to steal their limelight.

Look forward to meeting other podders in the future.

Ian
Morning all,
not a Pod owner yet but hopefully that will be due to change shortly.
I do have a VW T3 Syncro for playing offroad but something small and fun appeals greatly.
Owned a Beach Buggy in my youth but something a little more up to date would be great and I could teach my boys to drive in it rather than the other more expensive cars.
Mine could well have been one of the people who has walked up to you and said "Whassit?"
There was a very smart QPod in Bakewell Agricultural Market a couple of Saturdays ago - anyone on here?
Cheers, Paul.
Hello All,

I have just joined this evening and have been looking around the site. There seems to be a lot of Qpods around...I certainly hope to meet some you some time. I am 57, divorced with two sons of 21 and 16 and bought my buggy via Ebay for £1537 complete with tow bar, doors and roof panels though I soon took the roof off and don't imagine I will use that much. I am utterly hooked and feel particularly sad at the moment because I have just declared SORN from the end of this month (October) when the tax runs out as I thought she is really just a summer car. I am nipping about every day in her for the next five days, armed with a towel for wiping the seat if it rains.

I get such a buzz from being approached by total strangers with incredulous expressions:- WHAT is THAT??? so I enjoy telling them. All my friends seem to want one too and the only person who does not like it is my 16 year old son who is greatly embarrassed by his old mum and refuses to go in it.

Why did I buy it? I think because I was determined to rebel againsted my advancing years and By Golly I am having so much FUN!

Mary
Hi Paul and Welcome.

Mostly Pods and QT's on here at the moment.
F16's are hard to come by in the UK......

I keep thinking about stuffing a Blade engine in my pod though - Would that count ?
(only jokin)

Alex.
hello i have a bandit 600, but have been interested in a q pod for a while they look fun

i only have a bike licence without b1, i am trying to find i q pod i can ride on a bike licence but the only ones i can find are 50cc

any help you can give me would be appreciated

thank you
Hi.

To ride a Pod on a Bike License you need to get B1 added to your license.
I am not sure of the procedure. The DVLA will be able to help.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/index.htm

Pods are a real laugh and turn many heads.

Alex.

robert willmer said:
hello i have a bandit 600, but have been interested in a q pod for a while they look fun

i only have a bike licence without b1, i am trying to find i q pod i can ride on a bike licence but the only ones i can find are 50cc

thank you
hello thank you will contact them asap

thank you

Alex said:
Hi.

To ride a Pod on a Bike License you need to get B1 added to your license.
I am not sure of the procedure. The DVLA will be able to help.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/index.htm

Pods are a real laugh and turn many heads.

Alex.

robert willmer said:

thank you
Hi all. Our names are Steve and Yvonne Beeny. we have just purchased a Q pod sport. at an auction in Helston Cornwall. registered november 2004 one owner and only 350 miles on the clock. with all the accessories. etc roof doors tow bar, tow hitch. chrome bull bar. and is in very good condition. just serviced the engine and given her a good clean. we will be towing behind our classic camper so will have to fit the extra tie bars, i will make these myself as i am an engineer. also going to make a gear locking device to stop gear engaging when towing. i am in the process on fitting a K & N air filter which is washable rather than replacing the filters all the time. i hope i will be able to come to your rally but will not be able to tell at the moment, may have to be a spur of the moment thing. Regard steve and yvonne hope to meet you all soon.
Hi steve

You will be more than welcome to attend the rally. I need to get some more organising type stuff done.

You will find the forum here to be a wealth of good information amongst good friends.

A Pod is a very unusual car and it will turn heads - Be Prepaired - People will ask....

I think it was Jaqulin who came out of a supermarket to find 2 kids looking for the coin slot ( dodgem cars )

STEVE BEENY said:
Hi all. Our names are Steve and Yvonne Beeny. we have just purchased a Q pod sport. at an auction in Helston Cornwall. registered november 2004 one owner and only 350 miles on the clock. with all the accessories. etc roof doors tow bar, tow hitch. chrome bull bar. and is in very good condition. just serviced the engine and given her a good clean. we will be towing behind our classic camper so will have to fit the extra tie bars, i will make these myself as i am an engineer. also going to make a gear locking device to stop gear engaging when towing. i am in the process on fitting a K & N air filter which is washable rather than replacing the filters all the time. i hope i will be able to come to your rally but will not be able to tell at the moment, may have to be a spur of the moment thing. Regard steve and yvonne hope to meet you all soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Read the Rules

Created by Alec Oct 6, 2008 at 9:39am. Last updated by Alec Oct 6, 2008.

Introduce yourself!

Created by Alec Oct 5, 2008 at 1:36pm. Last updated by Alec Oct 5, 2008.

Secma & Qpod spotlight

Qpod Sport by John Nichols

If you would like your Qpod to be featured, please email it to: admin (at) qpodclub.com

© 2021   Created by Alec.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service