Secma Qpod Club

Qpod Club - be part of the fun!

During a trip out today, enjoying the sunshine, Annie and I approached a T-junction, I braked and nothing happened so the handbrake came in very handy I can tell you.   Although frightened to death we came out of the incident in one piece. 

The problem proved to be the two studs holding the brake master cylinder which had sheared.  I have written to Cunningham’s (Sole Importer and Distributor representing SECMA in the UK) informing them of the incident and asked them to investigate and take action to make sure this problem doesn’t effect other QPod Sport owners (I’ll keep you posted).

In the meantime, please check your master cylinder mountings.

Regards,

Peter

Views: 886

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kevin,
I meant to ask you in my last post. Am I correct in thinking that to fix the failure, I have to get the 2 bolt heads cut off and to weld on 2 new bolts to the chassis so that the master cylinder can be refixed?
Kind regards.

Bob Nicol

Hi Bob, 

If the bolts are broken yes you would need to do that. The vehicles we have seen with this issue tend to have a broken bracket rather then the bolts. 

Is this the case with yours? 

Kevin 

Hi Kevin,

No, with mine both bolts have sheared leaving the bolt heads still welded to the brackets. Both brackets seem fine.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Regards.

Bob Nicol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Notes

Read the Rules

Created by Alec Oct 6, 2008 at 9:39am. Last updated by Alec Oct 6, 2008.

Introduce yourself!

Created by Alec Oct 5, 2008 at 1:36pm. Last updated by Alec Oct 5, 2008.

Secma & Qpod spotlight

Qpod Sport by John Nichols

If you would like your Qpod to be featured, please email it to: admin (at) qpodclub.com

© 2021   Created by Alec.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service